Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Anniversary Week!

Week 13: This week brought a week of anniversaries. We celebrated my adoption day at the beginning of the week and our 10 year anniversary at the end of the week.

My parents adopted me 34 years ago! Wow, I can't believe it has been that long! It feels like only yesterday I was walking up the dog's leg in my hard-soled baby shoes, lying in the recliner next to my dad watching Saturday morning cartoons, or creating my own recipes in the kitchen with my mom! (I am not sure that you would call what I was creating a recipe!) It has been a wonderful 34 years and I am so blessed to have such amazing parents. Thanks to those wonderful parents, I have a loving extended family and the best friends that anyone could have asked for. I have also had so many experiences that I may never have been able to have. The most important part though is that they have taught me how to love and care for those around me, especially my children. Thank you mom and dad for letting me be a part of your lives! I love you!


Ed and I have been married for 10 years! I can't believe that it has been that long! The kids helped us celebrate with a yummy dinner on Thursday night and then we were able to sneak away to New Orleans for a night! Mimi and Balba came down to visit so that we could head out-of-town. We were all so excited to see them! I hope they weren't too exhausted from the kids on Sunday! I think they all kept each other very busy!


It has been a crazy 10 years...7 new addresses (not including Ed's address in Africa), 2 amazing kids, 1 dog, 1 fish (which is still alive), and lots of memories! We have made some of the most wonderful friends along the way - and lived in some crazy places! Ten years ago, I would have never thought that I would have the opportunities or experiences that we have had: riding on the back of my husband's Harley Davidson to the beach, living in the hills of Missouri (which was one of the most fun falls we could have asked for - great football and amazing friends), relaxing by Table Rock lake outside of Branson, our first child being born in an army hospital with a midwife as the primary doctor, moving back to Birmingham to the neighborhood I grew up in, being out of the army and still moving around the country, having a "Florida house" and being able to head to the beach whenever you want, and now living in the bayou and learning about the Cajun way of life! It has been 10 years of making wonderful memories...I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring!

Here is a quick recap of our trip to New Orleans! We can't wait to go back. Ed booked us an amazing room at the Roosevelt Hotel (one of the Waldorf hotels). It was so beautiful - I couldn't capture the beauty in a picture! We spent Saurday afternoon walking around New Orleans and the French Quarter. We walked along the river front and took a little detour to the Hard Rock Cafe for a quick lunch...yum! Then it was off to Jackson Square to see the St. Charles Cathedral and to check out the artist around the park! Of course, we also had to visit Bourbon Street!

After a delicious dinner at Red Fish Grill and a fun night out on the town, we finished the trip with breakfast at Cafe du Monde and a walk along the river! I highly recommend Red Fish Grill to anyone heading to New Orleans - especially the Red Fish!!!


A trip to New Orleans isn't complete without Cafe au Lait with Beignets!


The walk along the river was beautiful! We can't wait to take the kids back for the Audubon Nature Experience...zoo, aquarium, insectarium, and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment