Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

Week 51:  This was one of those weeks were I was so excited and yet a little sad all at the same time!  This was kindergarten graduation week.  I can't believe that my "first baby" is old enough to graduate from kindergarten. 
She was so excited to show off for her brother and he was equally excited to go to the big school and watch his sister!

Here are a few pictures from graduation - I wasn't able to get as close as I would have liked!
Mary Virginia and a couple of friends waiting on the rest of the class to join them on the stage:

In our school district there is no separate music program for the students. The classroom teachers go above and beyond to teach the children songs to help them learn.  During the graduation ceremony, we were able to see and hear some of the song that they sing!

Receiving her "diploma".  MV also received an outstanding art award!  I am so proud!

The Graduates!

Receiving her library/AR award!

A quick family portrait...JB was exhausted.  The ceremony went on for a while (he was DONE)!

MV and one of her favorite classmates

This is as close as I could get them without them hurting each other (I think we are going to have a wild summer)!

MV is pretty much done with the school year as of 11:30 on graduation day, so I guess that I now have a 1st grader and one in 3K!  It is going to be a wild and crazy summer, but I am looking forward to spending time with these kiddos...

Along with the craziness of graduation and getting into the swing of summer, I have been working on a few wreaths for a friend's house.  I wanted to share the final products! 


Thanks to Mary Virginia and her request for another summer of Alphabet Activities, we are going to be busy, but having lots of fun! (I am thinking it is going to be messy too!)
You will love to see our adventures as we make it through the alphabet!

A Day!
We focused on Apples and Alligators and writing the letter A!
(I am still trying to get JB to cooperate and let me take a picture of him with his Alligator!)
This is MV with her A-Day snack...Apple Mouth!

Watch out Orange Beach - The Whatleys are on the way (all of us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment