Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just another week!

Week 56: Just another week...We worked on more of our letters this week - we are slowly making our way through the alphabet! 
 This is Mary Virginia painting with Ice Cubes!  The art turned out so neat once the paint/watercolors dried!
 We had lots of fun with friends from church between my Bible Study and getting ready for Vacation Bible School, we have spent a lot of time up at the church this week - I can't imagine how much we will be there next week! And if course, we played in the pool!
We topped the week off with horseback. Mary Virginia was so excited during her lessons this week...to begin with, she was able to have a private lesson and then she moved up a level on her jumps! I was so excited for her - she is now on Level 2 and she can't wait to be on Level 3! According to her instructor, this was her best lesson yet! (She keeps reminding me that in Birmingham, her trainers said that she couldn't jump until she was 7, so she is WAY ahead!)

(Sorry the pictures are not great - this was the one week I did not bring the good camera and had to settle for the cell phone!)
Bailey was in desperate need of a bath after the lesson, so MV had to get to work!
The weekend was pretty uneventful - we set up my classroom for VBS and the Skippers came over for dinner - a little early 4th of July cookout (I guess). I wish I had captured the scene from the swimming pool on camera - you never have a camera close when you need it! The dads and the kids all went for a swim and I think that the dads may have enjoyed it a little more than the kids!  Overall, I very fun week and a great weekend with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment